Greetings scholars and artists!

I hope you are enjoying your vacation. I know I am.

Remember that big, fat purple and yellow book I checked out to you? ENGLAND IN LITERATURE? Yeah, that one. I would like for you to open it up, turn to page 265 and read about the fascinating life of Marlowe, who was stabbed in the eye during a quarrel over a bar bill. Marlowe was also a spy and lived a cloak and daggar kind of life. Then read pages 266 and 267; Marlowe’s “The Passionate Shepherd to His Love” and Sir Walter Raleigh’s “The Nymph’s Reply to the Shepherd.”

Be familiar with pastoral poetry. Which of the two poems would be classified as pastoral? Why? Compare the attitude expressed by Marlowe in his poem with that expressed by Raleigh in his. Which one is the more realistic?

And of course, continue working on FRANKENSTEIN and CRIME AND PUNISHMENT.

If you have any questions please feel free to write me at jkatbridge@aol.com.

Enjoy reading and sleeping

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A.P. Blitz, Saturday, March 24, 2018

Hamlet, Act 2, Scene 1

Middlemarch Essay